ABOUT THE ACCESS PROGRAM
The ACCESS Program serves 18 to 21 year-old students with disabilities. Students in ACCESS receive the majority of their instruction off-campus in community settings. Our goal is to provide students with the skills and resources necessary to live and work as successfully and independently as possible within their community. Services to students may be provided on a part-time or full-time basis as determined by the student's IEP team.
If a student is new to the Blue Valley Schools and you are interested in information about the ACCESS Program, please contact Chris Cullinan at (913) 239-4531 for additional information. If it is determined the student is an appropriate candidate, you will be directed to the student's home high school to begin the registration process. All students must be registered and fees paid through their home high school. This is your official Blue Valley registration.
Please print, complete and return the following forms to us at the address listed below:
- Pre-enrollment Form
- Permission to Distribute Newsletter/Video
- Authorization to Share
- Chores Checklist
- Post-Secondary Goals Form
- CDOP Agreement Form
- Receiving Email Communication
Please return all signed forms to ACCESS by August 1, 2014. All other documents are for your information.
Please send all forms to:
7550 West 149th Terrace
Overland Park, KS 66223
On-Campus instruction days:
- Bring a sack lunch
- Bring a microwaveable lunch
- Purchase a lunch in Academy cafeteria using student's lunch account (same process as high school)
Students enrolled in Tuesday
- Bring a sack lunch
- Bring a microwavable lunch
- Purchase a lunch at JCCC food court
If your student has a BV lunch account, please be sure to add money before the beginning of the school year and check the account balance regularly through ParentVue.
REPORT AN ABSENCE
Students and families are responsible for reporting student absences to ACCESS, to the job site (if community based) and to All Point Transportation.
- To report to ACCESS: leave a message at (913) 239-7900
- To report to All Point: leave a message at (913) 814-0084
- To report to the job site: call the job site directly at the number listed on the communication chain
- No food or drink in vehicles.
- All belongings are carried in the trunk.
- Radio will not be played. iPods are allowed.
- All Point will wait for 5 minutes. They will not honk or come to your door. They are on a tight schedule and will not return if you miss your ride.
- All Point will not transport students if behavior compromises safety.
- All Point will not transport physically ill students.
- It is the student's responsibility to communicate any transportation changes directly to All Point as soon as they are known.
- All Point requires a minimum of 3 days notice for any significant changes to transportation.
- All Point only provides transportation between the student's home and ACCESS locations. They will not transport to a friend's home or after school activities.